Romans Field School is proud to be a school that serves a diverse community. We are committed to equality in our work with children, our partnership with parents and responsibilities as an employer:
Equality information and objectives
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We want to make sure that our school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example talking to pupils, parents and carers.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have, their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
We welcome our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations.